List Of Free Translator Sites
||Wait for links to adverts.
||Does Not Take URLs unlike eg google
Better than Google (said Andy of TT Curry, 2018-06)
||Free, Real languages + An invented language. +
- 2017-09-21: Theyve half broken it, so Now omit
leading http:// or https:// , then it will ust accept
base domain, then manually mouse copy the rest of the
URL , or clcik down within the target site.
Pre 2017-09-21:Used to accept URLs inc http://
https:// No mouse copy box. < 1,000 char.
A full page translation service with URL.
- PDF-1.4 built from scanned .tiff : Shows nothing
except Page 1, Page 2, ...
(Fair enough just means you need to run OCR
elsewhere first (For OCR on FreeBSD I use
tesseract on freebsd.org
- PDF-1.4 (eg http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/cv/stacey_g.pdf
built from groff tool chain : Translates OK
- TIFF image data, little-endian, from scanner:
||Mouse copy box < 1,000 char. Powered by Google
Microsoft & Babylon
||Redirects from: microsofttranslator.com
A full page translation service with URL. @ 2017-09-21
Only targets http:// not https:// so eithe r mouse copy
text, or copy target text temporarily to some plain
||Free + adverts.
||Free + adverts.
me URLs (web refs)
How To Use Free Translator Server Sites
Reading Web Pages & Emails
- Mouse copy or type the URL (Uniform Resource
Locator = web address) of web page you want to
read, to a translator site; Normally if you then click a
link, it stays within the translator, translating the new
page to your preferred language, handy of you are reading
a mail archive.
- OR Mouse copy blocks of text from an email, posting,
forum or web page, to a text box on a translator site;
handy if you type a posting in a foreign language, &
want to translate it to English before posting to an
International English Mail Lists
Rejecting Foreign Language Postings
- Just post a reply, pointing to this (or a
similar) page: http://www.berklix.com/jhs/trans
If the foreign poster then remains too clueless or
lazy to use it, that's their loss, but at least we've
thrown a lifeline, if they will work to help
- Don't post a reply just in foreign - it would
exclude many readers. Most mail lists are archived on
web, so write in English, & leave foreign poster
to read replies via a translator web server.
Why Translate To English _Before_ Posting
- Nearly all International Technical Mail Lists
operate in English, particularly for free software,
development & user mutual self support.
- For many people on such lists, English is their
second language not their first.
- They all use English as a common medium for
mutual self help.
- It is an abuse to burden them with your third
foreign language !
- The help they offer is voluntary & free.
- Imagine the noise & disaster if all wrote in
our own local languages ! It would kill the
international lists & software projects.
- Wildly inefficient for many on a list to struggle
to post-translate from your local language to
- Much more efficient if just You pre-translate
from your language to English.
- You want to benefit from advice from a global
mail list operating in English, so do Your own work
- You use a free translator server !
- Don't expect help otherwise!
- Most or perhaps all of us Will ignore you if
you use foreign non English on International
- If you are lucky, you might get someone telling
you how to use a free translator & repost in
International list members know:
- If we help you in one non English language,
it will either encourage you to write more in
your non English, either as personal mail or to
- It could encourage others in their other non
English language to also dump foreign noise on
- If you can't write in (some sort of) English,
you probably can't read manuals FAQs &
replies in English with requests for more
detailed info to solve your problem. You may not
understand advice, & you'r probably beginner
level, with basic problems: local help in local
language is more appropriate.
- Its not efficient for world class developers
on international global lists to waste their time
supporting foreign speaking beginners.
- Leave people on International lists time free to
deal with more technicly advanced development &
support benefitting the global community of users,
not individual foreign beginners, who should be
helped more efficiently by other locals.
- If you can not write English, AND you refuse to
use a free translator, Do Not write to International
mail lists. Instead find local national mail lists
&/or city etc computer clubs & user groups
operating in your local language.
Creating Web Pages
- If you are making your personal web pages multi
lingual for other to read, you'r obviously free &
welcome to look at this page & learn the
- If you don't have time to do your company's whole
web site you'll need mass automated translation,
either bulk in advance or on browser demand. Ask a
consultant, perhaps me, or another
on the global
geographic index of FreeBSD consultants.
This page is linked from the iconised British
+ German merged flag
in the side panel of many Berklix pages of Berklix.Com, Berklix.Net, Berklix.Org, Berklix.EU, bsdpie.com